2011 Minutes

SCPPHC Board Meeting Minutes

January 5, 2011

Marie Calendar’s,Temecula, Ca.

 

All Board members in attendance; Annette Kart, Merlene Sutalo, Cathy Yaskivich, Jo Dykema, Kathryn Grossman, Carole Hackett & Carolyn Truskowski. Also in attendance for part of the meeting was Danell Adams.

Danell – Danell congratulated the parade group and stressed their dedication and hard work. She said $500 has been paid towards the flowers and another $404 is due. Danell will order a plaque for the person who prepared the flower arrangement. A thank you letter to the Tournament of Roses committee will be sent.

Danell left meeting.

Minutes were accepted as written.

Treasurer’s Report; $15,356.65. Discussed parade expences. Jo is working on a “parade” spread sheet. A number of members have not paid for their banquet tickets. We agreed to make “executive decisions” regarding some unpaid show bills and not list the amounts due or who owes. NAPHA will be contacted should these bills not be paid. Jo will check into a few questions/figures   on the year-end report.

Old Business:

Handbook – Cathy will finish and get on “publishers” and bring to meeting.

Articles of Incorporation – Cathy will try to locate and may need to see if we can get a copy from the Sec’y of State. Jo said the Amendments to the ByLaws are not valid unless recorded by the State. Cathy will also check into the Ca. Corporation Code.

P.O. Box – We discussed who should have the keys and pick-up. Jo has a key and Debbie will give her key to Kathryn next week.

Web-site – The change of officers and board members needs to be changed on the web-site and misc. records. Access to page , provider and password needed. Annette will contact Debbie Pye.

Insurance – Annette asked if Board is covered under the policy. Cathy said they were. Annette wants to review the policy so Cathy is to bring it to the next meeting.

Premium list – Cathy has.

Certificates of Appreciation mailed to Staples, etc. – Kathryn doing.

Memberships – We would like to get more aficionado memberships including businesses. It was suggested we offer free memberships to juniors. Cathy reminded everyone that changes regarding memberships requires a By-Law change. Plans are to have an e-mail membership drive.

Banner – We discussed adding the statement “the most powerful Peruvian Horse Club in America” to our banner.

Storage Unit - We will need a storage unit for storing records, flags, tables, etc.  Annette has some file cabinets we can use.

Logo Items – Patty has the logo items and we need an inventory. Some items will be used for the raffle at the banquet. Kathryn will check with Patty on an inventory and find out what will Debbie plans to give out at the banquet raffle. We also need an inventory of chairs, tables, ice chests, etc.

Perpetual Trophies – Kathryn has all 4 perpetual trophies. We discussed the possibility  of returning to the policy of letting the class winners take them home for the year and having a contract signed agreeing to return them the following year. No decision made yet.

By-Laws committee – The committee will consist of Cathy, Kathryn and Jo.

Show premium committee – This will consist of Cathy, Merlene and Carole.

Hospitality – We agreed to let Patty White continue handling hospitality.

Newsletter – We had a suggestion that we combine our newsletter with Los Amigos and all agrees not to do this as we are two separate clubs. Newsletters will be sent by e-mail.

Parade Group – Cathy and Clyde will head the parade group.

Spring Classic & Pacific Coast Shows – We agreed to change this to a double show in Pomona. Annette will contact the judges and verify they are available and add one more day to the show with Fairplex. Cathy, Merlene and Carole will go over the premium. Kelly Powers will be one of the ring stewards for student judge credit. Annette may check with Clyde to see if he is available to be show manager providing they aren’t showing horses.

Equine Affaire – Kathryn will be coordinator. We agreed to pay for a hotel room for Clyde, who will set up the booth.

New Business:

Annette opened a SCPPHC G-mail/e-mail account.

Donated wine – Merlene said 3 cases of wine had been donated by South Coast Winery and she has given this to Debbie and would like to get this returned to use at one of our club parties. She said it shouldn’t be used as raffle items at the banquet. Cathy is to call her and discuss this.

California Directory - We need to make sure we get into this, which is a free publication.

Meeting was adjourned at 9:15pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Cathy Yaskivich, SCPPHC Sec’y

 

 

SCPPHC Board Meeting Minutes

January 5, 2011

Marie Calendar’s,Temecula, Ca.

 

All Board members in attendance; Annette Kart, Merlene Sutalo, Cathy Yaskivich, Jo Dykema, Kathryn Grossman, Carole Hackett & Carolyn Truskowski. Also in attendance for part of the meeting was Danell Adams.

Danell – Danell congratulated the parade group and stressed their dedication and hard work. She said $500 has been paid towards the flowers and another $404 is due. Danell will order a plaque for the person who prepared the flower arrangement. A thank you letter to the Tournament of Roses committee will be sent.

Danell left meeting.

Minutes were accepted as written.

Treasurer’s Report; $15,356.65. Discussed parade expences. Jo is working on a “parade” spread sheet. A number of members have not paid for their banquet tickets. We agreed to make “executive decisions” regarding some unpaid show bills and not list the amounts due or who owes. NAPHA will be contacted should these bills not be paid. Jo will check into a few questions/figures   on the year-end report.

Old Business:

Handbook – Cathy will finish and get on “publishers” and bring to meeting.

Articles of Incorporation – Cathy will try to locate and may need to see if we can get a copy from the Sec’y of State. Jo said the Amendments to the ByLaws are not valid unless recorded by the State. Cathy will also check into the Ca. Corporation Code.

P.O. Box – We discussed who should have the keys and pick-up. Jo has a key and Debbie will give her key to Kathryn next week.

Web-site – The change of officers and board members needs to be changed on the web-site and misc. records. Access to page , provider and password needed. Annette will contact Debbie Pye.

Insurance – Annette asked if Board is covered under the policy. Cathy said they were. Annette wants to review the policy so Cathy is to bring it to the next meeting.

Premium list – Cathy has.

Certificates of Appreciation mailed to Staples, etc. – Kathryn doing.

Memberships – We would like to get more aficionado memberships including businesses. It was suggested we offer free memberships to juniors. Cathy reminded everyone that changes regarding memberships requires a By-Law change. Plans are to have an e-mail membership drive.

Banner – We discussed adding the statement “the most powerful Peruvian Horse Club in America” to our banner.

Storage Unit - We will need a storage unit for storing records, flags, tables, etc.  Annette has some file cabinets we can use.

Logo Items – Patty has the logo items and we need an inventory. Some items will be used for the raffle at the banquet. Kathryn will check with Patty on an inventory and find out what will Debbie plans to give out at the banquet raffle. We also need an inventory of chairs, tables, ice chests, etc.

Perpetual Trophies – Kathryn has all 4 perpetual trophies. We discussed the possibility  of returning to the policy of letting the class winners take them home for the year and having a contract signed agreeing to return them the following year. No decision made yet.

By-Laws committee – The committee will consist of Cathy, Kathryn and Jo.

Show premium committee – This will consist of Cathy, Merlene and Carole.

Hospitality – We agreed to let Patty White continue handling hospitality.

Newsletter – We had a suggestion that we combine our newsletter with Los Amigos and all agrees not to do this as we are two separate clubs. Newsletters will be sent by e-mail.

Parade Group – Cathy and Clyde will head the parade group.

Spring Classic & Pacific Coast Shows – We agreed to change this to a double show in Pomona. Annette will contact the judges and verify they are available and add one more day to the show with Fairplex. Cathy, Merlene and Carole will go over the premium. Kelly Powers will be one of the ring stewards for student judge credit. Annette may check with Clyde to see if he is available to be show manager providing they aren’t showing horses.

Equine Affaire – Kathryn will be coordinator. We agreed to pay for a hotel room for Clyde, who will set up the booth.

New Business:

Annette opened a SCPPHC G-mail/e-mail account.

Donated wine – Merlene said 3 cases of wine had been donated by South Coast Winery and she has given this to Debbie and would like to get this returned to use at one of our club parties. She said it shouldn’t be used as raffle items at the banquet. Cathy is to call her and discuss this.

California Directory - We need to make sure we get into this, which is a free publication.

Meeting was adjourned at 9:15pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Cathy Yaskivich, SCPPHC Sec’y

 

 

SCPPHC Board Meeting Minutes

Febuary 16, 2011

Coco's Restaurant, Lake Elsinore, CA

 

Six Board members in attendance; Annette Kart, Merlene Sutalo, Cathy Yaskivich, Jo Dykema, Carole Hackett & Carolyn Truskowski. Miss was Kathryn Grossman. Also in attendance at the beginning of the meeting was Joy Gould

Meeting was brought to order by Annette.

Joy Gould;

    1. Equine Affaire -  Members/breeders’ flyers and brochures were not permitted to be handed out at the booth. She stated that the main purpose of the booth at Equine Affaire, which is basically a trade show, is to distribute material to the public. This includes general information on the breed as well as ads and ranch brochures – the Club is the members. Joy also suggested we have a horse on display in the future. Annette apologized.
    2. Shows – Joy had concerns that there was a possibility that the Halter classes were to be eliminated from the upcoming shows. She stressed these classes were especially needed for trainers and ranches from a business aspect. Combining the classes was also not recommended. Annette assured her we were not eliminating the halter classes.
    3. Joy said the clinic being held at her ranch by German Baca scheduled Feb. 19th  will be changed to Feb. 20th due to rain.
    4. Playday/clinic March 5th & 6th – Joy will need most of the help on March 6th which is the playday portion. She needs help with gates, a ring steward, ribbons person, etc. Jo and Jim Dykema will help.

Joy left the meeting.

Minutes were accepted as written.

Treasurer’s Report - $15,351 minus some outstanding checks written. Balance available is $13,132.48 which includes Parade fund ( see attached). We approved 2 “stop payment” fees on a couple missing/unprocessed checks. Report approved.

Old Business;

Spring/Pacific Coast Shows – Annette has been able to get a refund of our deposit ( $500) from Seaside Park cancelling the  scheduled June dates. Cathy has sent in the forms for show approval along with the check. Arlynda says she doesn’t have it yet. In future we will send an e-mail to her notifying her it when we are mailing the forms as well as some form of mail confirmation. Cathy will check on the status again tomorrow and e-mail copies of the forms. We have not received the contract from Fairplex yet. We went over the list of officials getting hotel rooms and approved 3 nights of extra rooms ( 2 judges and Carole). We discussed how many “transient” rooms to reserve and decided on 20. We would be responsible to pay for any not used.

Storage Units – All approved renting one unit for $60 or under a month in the Temecula area. Jo will check into this.

El Merito system –All approved changing the El Merito system. Shows will receive points as follows;

Place

SCPPCHC   Shows

Other Approved Shows

1st

35 points

25 points

2nd

30 points

20 points

3rd

25 points

15 points

4th

20 points

10 points

5th

15 points

5 points

Reserve Champion

40 points

30 points

Champion

55 points

45 points

There will now be a separate division for Breeding and Performance and El Meritos will be awarded to horses receiving 50% for more of total attainable points as the other divisions. The El Supremo points will be raised to 2500 or 3 El Meritos and 1500 points.

Judges – A contract has been sent to Frankie Marcucci. Merlene said we need to use NAPHA approved judges in order to receive the maximum NAPHA points.

Carousel Show –This show was approved for points.

Web-site – Cathy will send Annette the 2010 l annual award list for the web-site. Cathy will also review Annette’s membership list, note changes and mark those paid for 2011 and add members not on her list. She will fax this to Annette.

Parade – Cathy handed out a list of estimated/proposed expenses for the 2011 parade group. This was discussed. The general consensus was that we should leave any extra funds donated/collected toward the parade group in the parade fund for future use rather than refund the parade members at the end of the season which would leave the parade fund with a zero balance. Cathy is to ask the 2010 parade members if they are willing to donate their share back to the parade fund. Any member wishing their refund will be sent a check. Right now the parade fund shows a balance of $373.22. Cathy is also to call Danell regarding the $1000 from Barbara Windom which when this comes in would increase the balance. The okay was given to order insurance for Burbank on Parade and Norco Horseweek. We discussed various ways to get donations or help the parade group via sponsorships,etc. Annette said she may be able to offer some stalls at her ranch for Fiesta where the parade participants are charged for stalls.

Show class list – Merlene, Cathy and Carole will work on for the next meeting.

Meeting was adjourned at 9:30pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Cathy Yaskivich, SCPPHC Sec’y           

 

SCPPHC Board Meeting Minutes

March 9, 2011

Coco's Restaurant, Lake Elsinore, CA

 

Six Board members in attendance; Annette Kart, Merlene Sutalo, Cathy Yaskivich, Jo Dykema, Carole Hackett & Carolyn Truskowski. Missing was Kathryn Grossman.

Meeting was brought to order by Annette.

Minutes were accepted as written.

Treasurer’s report - $7489.22 (see attached). Show hotel bill paid for officials as well as the second payment to Fairplex.

Old Business;

Pomona Show – We have received the signed contract. Both judges have waived their judging fees. Carole and Carolyn will handle the sponsorships and the sponsorship for one class will benefit the parade group. We reviewed the class list. Cathy will arrange and type the class order, make notes on misc. premium changes and forward to Annette. She will also send the files on the premiums. We discussed having a “parade” booth next to the logo booth to help collect donations.

Grand Show – Show dates of Sept. 16-18 at LAEC. Discussed the second judge and approved Lucho Dapelo so judges will be Lucho Dapelo and Rolando Garcia. Annette suggested we hold a separate trail ride at Griffith Park during the show for those not showing. More details regarding parking at LAEC, person to guide ,etc.  needed. Most felt this would be hard to do during the show but perhaps we could do this as a separate event at another time.

NAPHA Junior Program – A new Junior Program is being set up by NAPHA which involves scholarships. Vanita Mann will be handling this and we agreed to donate $5 from each junior class towards this program.

Newsletter – Kathryn is working on this.

Storage Units – These are expensive and small. Jo will look further with a $60 cap.

New Business;

Jo would like “letterhead” to use when asking for donations. Annette will prepare this.

 

Meeting was adjourned at 8:30pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Cathy Yaskivich, SCPPHC Sec’y

 

 

 

SCPPHC Board Meeting Minutes

April 6, 2011

Coco's Restaurant, Lake Elsinore, CA

 

All Board members in attendance; Annette Kart, Merlene Sutalo, Cathy Yaskivich, Jo Dykema, Kathryn Grossman, Carole Hackett & Carolyn Truskowski. Also in attendance were Joy Gould and Clyde James.

Meeting was called to order by Annette.

Joy Gould;

    1. Playday – Joy said she did not have much help from the Club and more workers were needed. Next year she will be doing her playday/clinic differently.
    2. Awards – Joy suggested some different awards and brought samples. She said other breeds have futurities and offer classes open to other breeds. Also the Tennessee Walkers would like to “highlight” another breed at their show and are interested in having the Peruvians as this breed. This particular show is Oct. 8th – 9th which is the weekend of the NAPHA Nationals. Joy suggested we ask them to join us for the 2012 Fall/Grand Show.
    3. Debbie has asked Joy to help with the taxes and would like our permission to assist. This was approved. We are missing 2008 & 2009 taxes which were prepared by John MacDonald and probably E-filed. Jo need to contact the IRS and Franchise Tax Board for copies.

Joy stated she is always available to help.  Joy left the meeting.

Minutes were accepted as written.

Treasurer’s Report - $13,476.49. Clyde will try to help Jo with the balancing of the Parade Group Fund.

Show Premium – This was reviewed and changes noted. Kathryn will finalize and send to Clyde who will get the premiums printed and mailed. A special award has been donated and will be “The Peruvian Council Grand Choice Trophy for the Best Horse of Show”. The show awards were discussed and decided upon. Sponsorships for the Conjunto Asocios Class will benefit the Parade Group.

Meeting was adjourned at 8:30pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Cathy Yaskivich, SCPPHC Sec’y

 

 

SCPPHC Board Meeting Minutes

May 11, 2011

Coco's Restaurant, Lake Elsinore, CA

 

All Board members in attendance; Annette Kart, Merlene Sutalo, Cathy Yaskivich, Jo Dykema, Kathryn Grossman, Carole Hackett & Carolyn Truskowski. Also in attendance for part of the meeting was Clyde James.

Minutes were accepted with minor change.

Treasurer’s Report - $7506.89. See attached.

Old Business;

Show – We need to increase the entry fee next time for the Conjunto Socios Class as the award and ribbons are tripled. Minor class corrections to the premium will be verified by Cathy and corrections sheet put in the show packets as well as posted in the office. For the judges, we will give them their breakfast tickets and allow them to charge their other meals ( 1 person & no alcoholic beverages). However, we will put a basket with a bottle of wine that had been donated and glasses in the hotel room of each of the judges. Kathryn showed photos of the awards she ordered for the show. We have 10 veterans that will participate and be honored on Memorial Day. We need the bios. Within the next few days.

Insurance – Jo will get Board protection for the show. Estimate is about $900 for 1 yr. policy.

Logo Items – Annette sold 16 of the new short sleeve Club shirts. We will offer these on the web-site as an order item as well.

Fiesta – We discussed the show and some problems.

RAC Meeting – Annette gave a report.

Parade – Cathy requested approval for the Hollywood Christmas/Santa Parade, an invitation-only parade. The entry fee which includes insurance is $325. This was approved. We will have a raffle at the last show for the parade group. Need to collect items for the raffle. Cathy will work on a plan to get donations at the Pomona show.

Meeting was adjourned at 8:45pm.

Respectfully submitted,

Cathy Yaskivich, SCPPHC Sec’y